Thank you for your interest in The Painted Peacock!
We are seeking candidates that work hard, love to teach, have awesome people skills and a flexible schedule. Weekend and holiday hours are a must. We are only seeking year-round employment.
No artistic background is required. Training is provided in all areas of studio operation and techniques.
All employees are expected to be organized, reliable, timely, have an attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
We hold a 90-day probationary period. Reviews and support will be provided at 90 days and as needed throughout your employment. We strive to provide a professional, yet fun, working environment and expect honesty and open communication with all employees.
Partial job description for Studio Assistant: 20+ hrs/week
A Studio Assistant is responsible for creating a pleasant and inspiring experience for every customer. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Greet customers with enthusiasm and confidence.
• Checking out on a POS system and handling cash
• Leading parties of adults and children
• Providing ideas and inspiration for projects
• Guiding customers through trained techniques
• Ongoing training in customer service and techniques
• Upselling projects, classes, and events
• Happy, smiling, and upbeat attitude
• Handle challenging customer situations with grace and confidence
• Take initiative to go above and beyond in your customer service duties
• Take initiative to go above and beyond in your studio chores
• Take initiative to guide newer staff members
• Assist in marketing efforts through upselling and promoting events.
• Multitasking studio chores while still making the customer your number 1 priority.
• Maintain a clean and appealing studio space.
• Unbox, re-stock and merchandise the pottery shelves.
The Painted Peacock provides a fun and encouraging studio where guests of all ages feel confident creating a personalized piece of art. – The Painted Peacock Mission